The Vikings say Griffen eventually came out of his residence without incident … and “is now getting the care he needs.”

NFL defensive lineman Everson Griffen was receiving care Wednesday after refusing to leave his Minnesota home for hours after calling 911 to report an intruder, according to law enforcement officials and the Minnesota Vikings organization.

He left the home without incident Wednesday afternoon after refusing to come out for most of the day, prompting ongoing communication with law enforcement and team psychologists, they said.

“Shortly after 3 a.m., Griffen called 911 from the residence and said someone was inside his home and that he needed help from police,” the Minnetrista Public Safety Department said in a statement. “Griffen also told the 911 dispatcher that he fired a weapon but nobody was injured.”

When officials arrived at the athlete’s home, they found there was no intruder, the department said.

The agency said psychologists from the Minnesota Vikings had been in communication with Griffen for hours.

Law enforcement personnel were confident Griffen was the only person inside the home, officials said.

Griffen came out of his home without incident about 1:30 p.m., officials said. He was transported by ambulance to an area health care facility, according to the public safety department.

Griffen’s NFL team said that Vikings representatives and mental health professionals had been at his home since early morning and were cooperating with law enforcement.

“Law enforcement agencies have notified us Everson Griffen came out of his home without incident and is now getting the care he needs,” the Vikings said Wednesday afternoon. ” Our focus remains on Everson’s health and safety and providing the proper resources for him and his family.”

A representative for Griffen could not be immediately reached Wednesday afternoon.

The incident remained under investigation by the Minnetrista police and the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, officials said.

Griffen had posted on Instagram screenshots of middle-of-the-night text messages to his agent, Brian Murphy, that were pleas for help because he said people were trying to kill him. Griffen also posted a video depicting him with a gun that he said was purchased legally. Those posts have since been deleted.

9:23 AM PT — A spokesperson for the Minnetrista Police Dept. says Griffen called 911 at around 3 AM … claiming that “someone was inside his home and that he needed help from the police.”

The spokesperson says Griffen also “told the 911 dispatcher that he fired a weapon but nobody was injured.”

According to the police rep, when officers arrived on the scene, they did not find an intruder … adding that Griffen has refused to come out of his residence.

The spokesperson says law enforcement and Vikings officials have been on the scene since 7 AM trying to “work with him to resolve the situation.”

Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen has come out of his home without incident and is getting cared for following an incident at his residence, the team announced in a statement on Wednesday afternoon. This development comes after police officers responded to a 911 call made by Griffen at around 3 a.m. CT Wednesday morning.