Monday, December 5, 2022
HomeSportsTiger Woods atop PGA Tour's Player Impact Program but once more

Tiger Woods atop PGA Tour’s Player Impact Program but once more

Regardless of enjoying solely 9 rounds in three main championships this previous season, Tiger Woods has as soon as once more claimed the highest bonus within the PGA Tour’s Player Impact Program, based on paperwork obtained by ESPN on Tuesday.

World No. 1 golfer Rory McIlroy let the cat out of the bag on Nov. 8 when he instructed The Related Press that he completed second to Woods within the $100 million bonus program, which is designed to reward members who’ve “shown to generate the most positive interest in the PGA Tour.” Woods, a 15-time main champion, acquired a $15 million bonus.

Woods, who is predicted to play in subsequent week’s Hero World Problem within the Bahamas, collected $8 million for successful the inaugural PIP bonus in 2021. He hasn’t performed since lacking the minimize on the one hundred and fiftieth Open Championship at St. Andrews in July. He’s nonetheless recovering from accidents he suffered in a automobile wreck exterior Los Angeles in February 2021.

A document 23 gamers acquired no less than $2 million in PIP bonuses this season, together with three (Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Younger and Sam Burns) who completed within the prime 20 of a modified standards measurement, which will likely be utilized by the tour going ahead.

McIlroy collected $12 million for second place, adopted by Jordan Spieth ($9 million), PGA Championship winner Justin Thomas ($7.5 million) and Jon Rahm ($6 million). Masters champion Scottie Scheffler completed sixth and was awarded $5.5 million, adopted by Xander Schauffele ($5 million), U.S. Open champion Matt Fitzpatrick ($5 million), Will Zalatoris ($5 million) and Tony Finau ($5 million).

Visit also :   How did Rams blow it on line? Chargers' Staley on skinny ice?

Players will obtain 25% of their PIP bonus within the Sentry Event of Champions purse fee in January, based on a memo despatched to PGA Tour members Tuesday. The remaining 75% will likely be paid as soon as a participant completes three necessities: performs in a mutually agreed-upon PIP designated match; participates in a PIP service occasion; and fulfills the necessary participation requirement.

The unique PIP plan used metrics resembling a participant’s recognition in Google searches, Q score, Nielsen model publicity score, MVP index score and their Meltwater mentions, which measure the frequency {that a} participant generates protection throughout numerous media platforms. The brand new standards put extra weight on media mentions and broadcast TV publicity than social media.

5 gamers who completed within the prime 10 of the inaugural PIP standings — Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Bryson DeChambeau and Bubba Watson — at the moment are enjoying on the LIV Golf circuit and have been ineligible for this system.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Website Website Website Website Website Website Website Website Website