singapore deputy prime minister infected with corona virus in germany, official visit canceled

Singapore: Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat said on Sunday that the infection has been confirmed in Germany during the COVID-19 test and since he Living in isolation, so cannot continue with his official tour of Europe. 61-year-old Heng wrote on Facebook that during his Europe tour, he not only wore a mask all the time, but also avoided going into the crowd, despite this his corona test report came positive on Saturday.

Heng said, “Despite wearing a mask at all times and avoiding crowds throughout the trip, my test in Berlin on Saturday revealed that I was infected with Kovid-19. I woke up with a sore throat. Thankfully I don’t have serious symptoms yet. The reason for this is that I have received both an initial and a booster dose of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine.

Heng said, “Unfortunately I will not be able to continue my official visit, as I am currently in isolation. I apologize to everyone involved in the rest of the yatra, especially the organizers of Point Zero Forum.”

Heng left for Germany from London on June 16
Heng arrived in London on 12 June, where he attended the London Tech Week program and then left for Germany on 16 June. In Berlin, he met Professor Karl Lauterbach, the Union Health Minister of Germany.

The two leaders stressed the need to strengthen ties between Singapore and Germany, saying, “The world must work together to prevent the next pandemic. Singapore and Germany will continue to contribute to the global effort.”

Heng’s Europe tour was to end in Switzerland
Heng’s Europe tour ends with a proposed event in Switzerland from June 21 to 23 to be organized by the Swiss Secretariat for International Finance (SIF) and Alivendi. Alivendi is a non-profit organization established by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

Read also:

Boris Johnson Turns 58 Today: British PM is celebrating his 58th birthday, was caught in trouble due to this controversy

Sri Lanka Crisis: The situation in Sri Lanka is serious, the army had to fire at the fuel station, 7 injured including 3 soldiers